Hello guys. We, readers, always want to read more and more but we don’t even know how because we have things to do like homework, study for a test, going to class, and more. I thought it would be nice to share with all of you some tips to read a little bit more every day, and also, this will help you to achieve your Goodreads reading challenge quickly. Some of these tips helped me so they will probably help you too. I’m not saying you have to read faster, because you don’t. You should read at your own pace and you don’t have to feel rushed. I just want to tell you some tips to read more, not faster. Without further ado, let’s get started!
1. Bring your book everywhere: Why? Because you always have some time between classes, so you can take that time to read at least a few pages or a few chapters. Also, if you are at an appointment, you have to wait until it’s your time so you can read while you’re there. If you’re waiting the bus, the train or whatever… you can read. Take that time to read, and if you don’t like to bring your book everywhere, you can always buy ebooks to read in your phone.
2. Be organized: If you have a lot of things to do, the right thing would be to have a planner and organize everything by priority. You should schedule your study time, your free time, your reading time and I assure you, this will help a lot. Being organized is the most amazing thing in the world, and if you want to read more you have to be organized. For example, you can study from 4 to 6, you can read from 6 to 8… or whatever.
3. Read before bed: Honestly, I don’t do this because I like to watch videos or tv shows before bed, but if you like to read at night because you’re busy during the day, this will help you to read more. Keep a book near or on your bed in order to read as soon as you sit on your bed.
5. Audiobooks: I’ve only listened to an audiobook before and I didn’t finished it because I get distracted easily. I know a lot of people who like to listen to audiobooks and this helped them to read more. You can listen to them while you’re cleaning, driving, waiting for the bus, between classes… or whenever you want.
6. eReaders: I bought a Kindle recently because sometimes I don’t have the space to carry a book, or I just don’t want to because the book is heavy. You always have your phone with you, and if you don’t mind reading in your phone or in a eReaders, you can buy some ebooks or download the free ones (kindle always have some) and read. Always read.
7. Participate in book clubs: Being in a book club will encourage you to read more. Also, there are going to be more readers and you’re going to feel so comfortable that you’re going to read more and more in order to talk with them.
8. Don’t force yourself: If you started a book just because of the hype, and you’re not enjoying it and you know you’re about to be in a reading slump… STOP READING IT. Don’t force yourself just because of the hype. Pick another book, read and if you’re not enjoying it pick another one. Also, if you’re not enjoying anything, re-read your favorite book. THIS HELP I SWEAR!!!
There you have it. I really hope those tips help you to read more. I know there are some posts about this, but I don’t care. Read more, always read more. If you have some tips, please share them with me in the comments because I like to read more every day. Thank you so much for reading. Until next time, xoxo.