I’m back with another haul. I have no idea how I got 10 books in a week. Well, I know but let’s act like I don’t know how the books got here. Some of them were pre-orders; or sent for review; or I bought them myself. To be honest, I’m really excited to have these books because I’ll of them have amazing reviews, and I cannot wait to jump in the hype wagon with everyone. I’ll keep rambling in a bit, let’s get into the book first!
Books Sent for Review
1. Still Here by Lara Vapnyar: I said in my September TBR that I joined Blogging for Books. You can join, and pick a book from the choices they give you. You’ll receive a hardcopy, and then you’ll send your review. Still Here sounded so interesting, that I needed to request it. I’m hoping to read it this month.
2. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff: A while ago I requested an ARC of this book, and it finally came. Yeah, I know it came out a few weeks ago, but I don’t care. Thanks to the lovely people at St. Martin’s Press for sending me the ARC.
3. Wonder Women: 25 Innovators, Inventors, and Trailblazers Who Changed History by Sam Maggs: Quirk Books contacted me to see if I wanted to review this book. I said yes, and omg guys… it was amazing. It comes out on October 18th, so my review will be up closer to that date.
Books I Pre-Ordered
4. Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi: I love Shatter Me, and I think it’s one of my favorite trilogies of all times. When I heard Tahereh was writing another book I knew I had to get it as soon as it came out. I did! I read it, and it was amazing. If you want to read my review you can do it here.
5. Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas: Let’s be real, who doesn’t want this book? I had to get it. Sadly, I haven’t start it yet, but I’ll try this weekend. I don’t want to read spoilers, so that’s maybe why I’m not using social medias a lot these days.
Books I Bought Even Though I Knew I had 5 New Books in My TBR
6. Coraline by Neil Gaiman: I found a really cool bookstore in Boston, so I had to get this copy. It was only $1!!!!
7. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens: Guys, you have no idea how much I wanted a copy of this book. Why didn’t you buy it on Amazon? I couldn’t. I needed the right copy, and I found it in the cool bookstore I told you before. I like to buy these type of books used, because they feel like they have history. I cannot wait to read this book, really.
8. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens: I think I’m going to be a huge fan of Charles Dickens’s work, so I needed this book. The same edition as A Tale of Two Cities. I’m excited!
9. The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder: To be honest, I know nothing about this book. When I was in the airport last week, I went to a little shop they have because I knew they had books, so this one caught my eye and I had to buy it.
10. Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow: I’m obsessed with Hamilton, and I’m interested in reading more about him. My dad bought this one for me, and I’m so happy.
There you have it. Those are the books I got in a single week. Yes, I feel awesome. I cannot wait to read every single one of them soon-ish. I don’t know if some of you have read any of these books so, feel free to tell me in the comments below.
I wanted to tell you guys that I started classes. For those who don’t know, I’m doing a Master’s Degree in Boston University in Criminal Justice with a Concentration in Cybercrime and Cybersecurity. I’m really excited, and I’m enjoying the classes so far. What I really wanted to tell you is that sometimes I’m going to be MIA, because I already have a lot of work. I know doing a Master’s Degree is hard, so maybe I’m going to miss some posts. I’m going to do my best, and take a day to write a few posts to have them schedule. I don’t want you guys to think that I’m going to leave my blog, and forget about all of you. If you want to talk to me, I’m going to share my social medias so you can find me easily. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.
Don’t forget to tell me which books you’ve acquired recently. Thank you so much for reading. Until next time, xoxo!